Applications to Enrol
Any person who wishes to enrol at the University must submit an application to enrol by the relevant deadline. Applications submitted after the deadline may be accepted if space is available. Apply online at www.waikato.ac.nz/study/apply/. Academic advice is available through the individual Division, Faculty or School of Study for returning students and from the Admissions Office for students enrolling in 100 level papers.
Standard Application Deadlines
- Tuesday 6 December 2022 for papers that commence during Summer School 1 (H Teaching period) (4 January 2023 to 19 February 2023)
- Monday 20 February 2023 for papers that commence during Trimester A (27 February 2023 to 25 June 2023)
- Monday 3 July 2023 for papers that commence during Trimester B (10 July 2023 to 5 November 2023)
- Monday 6 November 2023 for papers that commence during Summer School 2 (G Teaching period) (13 November 2023 to 17 December 2023)
- Monday 6 November 2023 for papers that commence during Trimester C (13 November 2023 to 18 February 2024)
Selected Programme Application Deadlines
The following programmes have application deadlines that differ from the standard deadlines:
- 1 October of the year prior for the Master of Counselling.
- 1 October of the year prior for the Postgraduate Diploma in Psychology (Clinical) and the Postgraduate Diploma in the Practice of Psychology.
- 1 November of the year prior for the Master of Applied Psychology.
- Friday 1 December 2023 for new students for Teacher Education programmes. Applications received after this date will be considered if there are spaces available.
- One month prior to the intended start date of the thesis for thesis enrolments.
Pursuant to the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021 or any University COVID-19 vaccination requirement, a student may not be permitted to enrol in a paper if:
- the student has not provided a valid and current Ministry of Health My Vaccine Pass as evidence of COVID-19 vaccination or exemption, and
- the paper requires the student to undertake an activity that would breach the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021 or any University COVID-19 vaccination requirements.
Enrolment is not complete until a signed enrolment agreement confirming the intended method of payment of fees option has been received by the University. Students must accept online or sign and return their enrolment agreement by
- Tuesday 6 December 2022 for papers commencing 4 January 2023 to 19 February 2023
- Friday 24 February 2023 for papers commencing 27 February 2023 to 25 June 2023 and papers commencing 27 February 2023 to 5 November 2023
- Friday 7 July 2023 for papers commencing 10 July 2023 to 5 November 2023
- Friday 10 November 2023 for papers commencing 13 November 2023 to 17 December 2023 and papers commencing 13 November 2023 to 18 February 2024
- the Friday prior to the start date of a thesis enrolment.
Programme Advice and Planning
The Future Students Team assists students who are unfamiliar with the University or who require assistance to plan their programme of study. Prospective students can obtain information from the Student Centre by phoning 0800 WAIKATO or (07) 838-4007, or emailing [email protected]Alternatively this can be done in person by visiting the Hamilton campus (Level 2 of the Student Centre), or the Tauranga campus (Level 1 in the Student Hub) at 101-121 Durham Street, Tauranga.
The Future Students Team represent the University at regional careers expos, secondary school visits, and other events throughout New Zealand. They provide comprehensive information, personal advice sessions and campus tours, which are available by appointment. An Open Day and several information sessions are held on campus throughout the year, and details are available on request. Students can explore a range of options - undergraduate study, postgraduate study, bridging courses and pathways programmes. Prospective students will also receive information on the range of academic and support services available.