Applications to Enrol
Any person who wishes to enrol at the University must submit an application to enrol by the relevant deadline. Applications submitted after the deadline may be accepted if space is available. Apply online at www.waikato.ac.nz/study/apply/. Academic advice is available through the individual Faculties or School of Study for returning students and from the Admissions Office for students enrolling in 100 level papers.
Standard Application Deadlines
- Tuesday 1 December 2020 for papers that commence during Summer School 1 (5 January 2021 to 19 February 2021)
- Monday 22 February 2021 for papers that commence during trimester A (1 March 2021 to 25 June 2021)
- Monday 5 July 2021 for papers that commence during trimester B (12 July 2021 to 5 November 2021)
- Monday 8 November 2021 for papers that commence during Summer School 2 (15 November 2021 to 24 December 2021)
- Monday 8 November 2021 for papers that commence during trimester C (15 November 2021 to 18 February 2022)
Selected Programme Application Deadlines
The following programmes have application deadlines that differ from the standard deadlines:
- 1 October of the year prior for the Master of Counselling.
- Tuesday 1 December 2020 for new students for Teacher Education programmes. Applications received after this date will be considered if there are spaces available.
- One month prior to the start date of the programme for WMS Executive Education programmes
- One month prior to the intended start date of the thesis for thesis enrolments
Enrolment is not complete until a signed enrolment agreement confirming the intended method of payment of fees option has been received by the University. Students must accept online or sign and return their enrolment agreement by
- Monday 7 December 2020 for papers commencing 5 January 2021 to 19 February 2021
- Friday 26 February 2021 for papers commencing 1 March 2021 to 25 June 2021 and papers commencing 1 March 2021 to 7 November 2021
- Friday 9 July 2021 for papers commencing 12 July 2021 to 5 November 2021
- Friday 12 November 2021 for papers commencing 15 November 2021 to 24 December 2021 and papers commencing 15 November 2021 to 18 February 2022
- the Friday prior to the start date of a WMS Executive Education programme
- the Friday prior to the start date of a thesis enrolment
Enrolments received after these dates, if accepted, will be subject to a late enrolment charge (see the Table of Fees and Charges).
Programme Advice and Planning
The Future Students Recruitment Office assists students who are unfamiliar with the University or who require assistance to plan their programme of study. Prospective students can obtain information from the Student Centre by phoning 0800 WAIKATO or (07) 838-4007, or emailing [email protected] Alternatively this can be done in person by calling in to the Hamilton campus (Level 2 of the Student Centre), the Tauranga campus (Level 1 in the Student Hub) at 101-121 Durham Street, Tauranga or the Auckland Office, which is based at 21 Putney Way, Manukau City, Auckland.
The Future Student Recruitment Advisers represent the University at regional careers expos, secondary school career evenings, and other events throughout New Zealand and overseas. They provide comprehensive information, personal advice sessions and campus tours, which are available by appointment. An Open Day and several information sessions are held on campus throughout the year, and details are available on request. Students can explore a range of options - undergraduate study, postgraduate study, bridging courses and pathways programmes including those that target women, mature students and Māori. Prospective students will also receive information on the range of academic and support services that are available.