The University Library
The Library is the University’s gateway to knowledge, providing information and resources for its staff and students. The Library also aims to encourage a culture of lifelong learning and intellectual independence.
Library staff are available to assist students and researchers with finding the information they need for their study or research, and to teach them to find information for themselves.
The University Library comprises not only the buildings on campus but virtual access to library resources throughout the world. The Law Library and the Central Library are located within the Student Centre which is located at the centre of the campus, and the Education Library is located in building TL in the nearby Faculty of Education.
Library services, resources, and collections include
- knowledgeable and helpful staff
- electronic access (both on and off the campus) to journals, databases, e-books, library catalogues, the internet, exam papers, and other resources
- books, journals, maps, videos, DVDs and newspapers
- theses from the University of Waikato and other institutions
- document access and delivery from other libraries
- places to study, photocopiers, and computers for word processing and internet access
- a wireless network, wireless laptops for use within the Library, and network ports for other laptop use.
Brief introductory tours and essential tutorials are offered intensively during the first few weeks of each semester. Tutorial and tour timetables are available on the Library’s website and at Service Desks.
Librarians offer many general and course-specific tutorials as requested by academic staff. They also hold drop-in tutorials in the Library each semester. Subject Librarians offer one-to-one research consultations for academic staff and postgraduate students.
For more information, visit the Library website: www.waikato.ac.nz/library, visit the Library in person and collect a Library Guide, or contact the Library by email, or by telephone - (07) 838-4051 or (07) 838-4466 followed by the extension given below:
|Central Libraryemail@example.com||ext. 8198|
|Education Libraryfirstname.lastname@example.org||ext. 4530|
|Law Libraryemail@example.com||ext. 8628|