The University Library
The University of Waikato has three libraries in two buildings on its Hamilton campus and a collection in Tauranga at the Toi Ohomoai Institute of Technology.
The Central Library and the Law Library are located in the Student Centre, Te Mānawa, in the centre of the Hamilton campus. The Teaching Resources Library is located in Building TL in the Faculty of Education. The Central Library serves the teaching, learning and research needs of all students and staff and the Teaching Resources Library provides books and other resources to assist in preparation and planning for teaching in primary and secondary schools and early childhood centres.
The University of Waikato Tauranga collection is made available through the Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology’s Windermere and Bongard libraries. The collection supports courses delivered in Tauranga by the University of Waikato. Students at Tauranga have easy access to material held on the Hamilton Campus via distance services.
Tours and essential tutorials are offered intensively during the first few weeks of each semester and throughout the year.
Teaching and learning are supported by the Library assisting its users to acquire the skills to help them navigate the proliferation of print and online information sources enabling the University community to locate, evaluate and use information relevant to their needs in the most effective way.
The Library contributes to the University’s research programme by making available online and print resources and by the provision of research and researcher support services.
Library services, collections and resources include:
- An extensive range of online, print and multi-media resources
- Access to in-person and online help services including technical support
- A wide range of generic, subject and course specific tutorials
- Research Skills and Development programmes
- In-depth individual research consultations for graduates and academic staff
- Support for PBRF (Performance Based Research Funding) activities
- Research Commons, the Institutional Repository Computers, wireless study spaces, laptops, photocopiers, scanners and printers
- Places to study and work individually or in groups
For more information, please visit the Library website: www.waikato.ac.nz/library.