Regulations for the Degree of Bachelor of Education (BEd)
- The Personal Programmes of Study Regulations apply in these regulations.
- Candidates for the Degree must have qualified for admission to the University of Waikato and met any criteria set out in the Criteria for Admission to Particular Qualifications.
- Candidates must have been selected by the Faculty of Education as a suitable person to be a teacher.
- The normal minimum period of enrolment for completion of the Degree is four years.
- Candidates must enrol in the Faculty of Education and follow an approved programme of study.
- Candidates must gain 480 points at 100, 200, and 300 levels, including at least 300 points above 100 level and at least 105 points above 200 level.
- Candidates must complete the requirements of the major, Professional Education.
- To complete the requirements of the Professional Education major, candidates must comply with the requirements of a programme, details of which are prescribed in the Faculty of Education Teacher Education Handbook.
- Early Childhood1
- Qualified Teachers2
Requirements for the Degree
- There will be no new intake into this programme in 2021.
- Enrolment in this programme is limited to candidates who are eligible for the exemption of points as set out under section 15 or section 16 of these regulations.
The field of the Degree is defined as
- the papers offered by the Faculty of Education with the following subject codes: DLRNG, EDART, EDSOC, EDUCA, HMDEV, MAOED, SCTED, TEACH, TEEDU, TEPRO and
- the following approved papers for technology teachers:
- Chemistry in Context
- Process Engineering Design 1
- Chemical and Biological Operations
- Environmental Technology
- Environmental Technology 2
- Electrical Circuits
- Digital Electronics and Microprocessors
- Electronics Design
- Engineering and Business
- Special Topics in Engineering 1
- Environmental Engineering 2
- Engineering Thermodynamics
- Design and Manufacturing 1
- Product Innovation and Development
- Materials 1
- Mechanics of Materials 1
- Science Communication
- Tourism and Hospitality Enterprise Management
- Food & Beverage Systems Management
- Level 5 Diploma in relevant field
- Level 6 Diploma in relevant field