Regulations for the Degree of Bachelor of Health, Sport and Human Performance (BHSHP)
To complete the requirements of a single major, candidates must gain 135 points in that major, including at least 105 points above 100 level, of which at least 60 points must be above 200 level. Candidates must also meet any specific requirements prescribed for the major in the relevant subject entry in the University of Waikato Catalogue of Papers of Papers.Candidates completing a single major may also complete a minor by gaining 60 points in any minor subject, including at least 30 points above 100 level. Candidates must also meet any specific requirements prescribed for the minor in the relevant subject entry in the University of Waikato Catalogue of Papers.Candidates may complete a second major in any undergraduate major.To complete the requirements of a double major, candidates must gain 120 points in each major, including at least 90 points above 100 level, of which at least 45 points must be above 200 level. Candidates must also meet the specific requirements prescribed for each major in the relevant subject entry in the University of Waikato Catalogue of Papers.Candidates must also complete at least 105 points from papers listed for the field of the Degree if completing a single major, or at least 120 points from papers listed for the field of the Degree if completing a double major, including HSHUP101; HSHUP102; 30 points from HPSCI101, SDCOA101, and CMYHE101; HSHUP201; MAORI204; and 15 points from HSHUP301 or HSHUP302.A paper completed towards the requirements of a major cannot be counted towards the requirements of another major or a minor, or towards the papers for the degree.Candidates may take up to 120 points from outside the field of the Degree.The field of the Degree comprises all of the majors listed in section 6 of these regulations as well as all HSHUP coded papers and MAORI204.
- The Personal Programmes of Study Regulations apply in these regulations.
- Candidates for the Degree must have qualified for admission to the University of Waikato and met any criteria set out in the Criteria for Admission to Particular Qualifications
Requirements for the Degree
- The normal minimum period of enrolment for completion of the Degree is three years.
- Candidates must enrol in the Te Huataki Waiora, Faculty of Health, Sport and Human Performance, and follow an approved programme of study.
- Candidates must gain 360 points at 100, 200, 300, and/or 400 levels, including at least 225 points above 100 level and 75 points above 200 level.
- Candidates must complete the requirements of a major.
Human Performance Science
Sport Development and Coaching
VariationsThe Dean or delegated authority may permit more than 120 points to be taken from outside the field of the Degree in individual cases.The Dean or delegated authority may vary or waive these regulations in individual cases.
Transitional ArrangementsThese regulations apply to all new applicants for the Bachelor of Health, Sport and Human Performance from 2018. Students who enrolled in the Bachelor of Health, Sport and Human Performance prior to 2018 may complete under the regulations listed in the 2017 Calendar.