Regulations for the Degree of Bachelor of Music (BMus)
- The Personal Programmes of Study Regulations apply in these regulations.
- Candidates for the Degree must have qualified for admission to the University of Waikato and met any criteria set out in the Criteria for Admission to Particular Qualifications
- Candidates must be accepted by the Chairperson of Music or delegated authority.
- The normal minimum period of enrolment for completion of the Degree is three years.
- Candidates must enrol in the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences and follow an approved programme of study.
- Candidates must gain 360 points at 100, 200, and 300 levels, including at least 225 points above 100 level and 75 points above 200 level.
- Candidates must complete the requirements of the specified programme in Music including MUSIC112, MUSIC115, MUSIC117, MUSIC119, MUSIC213, MUSIC314, 15 points from papers as specified in the Disciplinary Foundation page in the University of Waikato Catalogue of Papers, at least 15 points from papers as specified in the Cultural Perspectives page in the University of Waikato Catalogue of Papers, and at least 15 points from papers as specified in the Work-Integrated Learning page in the University of Waikato Catalogue of Papers.
- Candidates must also complete the requirements of a music stream, as prescribed for that stream in the relevant subject entry in the University of Waikato Catalogue of Papers.
- Candidates must gain at least 90 points at 100 or 200 level in Music before taking Music papers above 200 level.
- The Dean or delegated authority may vary or waive these regulations in individual cases.
- These regulations apply to all new applicants for the Bachelor of Music from 2018. Students who enrolled in the Bachelor of Music prior to 2018 may complete under the regulations listed in the 2017 Calendar.
Requirements for the Degree