Regulations for the Degree of Bachelor of Nursing (BNurs)
- The Personal Programmes of Study Regulations apply in these regulations.
- Candidates for the Degree must have qualified for admission to the University of Waikato and met any criteria set out in the Criteria for Admission to Particular Qualifications.
- Candidates must have a recognised First Aid Certificate that is current prior to clinical placements commencing.
- The normal minimum period of enrolment for completion of the Degree is three years.
- The requirements of the Degree must be completed within five consecutive years of first enrolling for the Degree.
- Candidates must enrol in the Division of Health, Engineering, Computing and Science and follow an approved programme of study.
- Candidates must gain 360 points at 100, 200 and 300 levels or above, including at least 240 points above 100 level and at least 120 points above 200 level.
- Candidates must complete the requirements of a specified programme as prescribed in the Nursing section of the University of Waikato Catalogue of Papers.
- Candidates must also satisfy the Pro Vice-Chancellor of the Division of Health, Engineering, Computing and Science that they have completed at least 1,704 hours of clinical practice over the period of enrolment.
- The Pro Vice-Chancellor or delegated authority may vary or waive these regulations in individual cases.
Requirements for the Degree