Regulations for the Degree of Bachelor of Social Work (BSW)
- The Personal Programmes of Study Regulations apply in these regulations.
- Candidates for the Degree must have qualified for admission to the University of Waikato and met any criteria set out in the Criteria for Admission to Particular Qualifications
- Candidates must have been selected by the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences as a fit and proper person to be a social worker.
- The normal minimum period of enrolment for completion of the Degree is four years. Candidates must not have a period, without enrolment in a paper towards the Bachelor of Social Work, of three consecutive years or more.
- Candidates must enrol in the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences and follow an approved programme of study.
- Candidates must gain 480 points at 100, 200, 300, and 400 levels, including at least 360 points above 100 level and 225 points above 200 level and 90 points above 300 level.
- Candidates must complete a specified programme as prescribed in the Social Work entry in the University of Waikato Catalogue of Papers.
- The Dean or delegated authority may vary or waive these regulations in individual cases.
Requirements for the Degree