Regulations for the Degree of Bachelor of Communication Studies with Honours (BCS(Hons))
- The Personal Programmes of Study Regulations apply in these regulations.
- Candidates for the Degree must have
- qualified for the award of the degree of Bachelor of Communication Studies of the University of Waikato or for a qualification considered by the Academic Board to be equivalent, and
- satisfied the prerequisites for graduate study in the subject(s) being presented for the Degree, at levels considered appropriate by the Academic Board.
- In exceptional circumstances, based on academic merit and relevant experience, candidates who do not meet the requirements of section 2 of these regulations may be considered for admission subject to the completion of any qualifying papers the Academic Board may prescribe which must be completed either prior to or concurrently.
- The normal minimum period of enrolment for completion of the Degree is one year.
- Candidates must enrol in the Waikato Management School and follow an approved programme of study.
- Candidates must gain 120 points at 500 level or above.
- Candidates must gain at least 60 points from one of the following subjects, including any compulsory papers prescribed in the relevant subject entry in the University of Waikato Catalogue of Papers:
- Leadership Communication
- Public Relations
Requirements for the Degree
Award of Honours
- First Class Honours, or
- Second Class Honours (first division), or
- Second Class Honours (second division), or
- Third Class Honours.