Regulations for the Postgraduate Certificate in Information Technology (PGCertInfoTech)
This qualification is awarded jointly by the University of Auckland and the University of Waikato.
- The Personal Programmes of Study Regulations apply in these regulations.
- Candidates for the Postgraduate Certificate must have qualified for the award of a bachelors degree of the University of Waikato, or a degree qualification considered by the Academic Board to be equivalent, with a Grade Point Average of 4.0 or higher in 75 points at 300 level or above.
- In exceptional circumstances, candidates who do not meet the requirements of section 2 of these regulations, but who have at least three years of extensive relevant, practical, professional or scholarly experience deemed to be equivalent to the requirements of section 2 may be considered for admission subject to the completion of any qualifying papers the Academic Board may prescribe.
- Candidates must
- gain 60 points at 500 level or above
- complete the requirements of the postgraduate certificate in not more than one trimester of full-time study, or, in the case of part-time study, an enrolment period not exceeding four trimesters from the trimester of initial enrolment.
- The total enrolment for this postgraduate certificate must not exceed 90 points.
- Candidates must enrol in the Division of Health, Engineering, Computing and Science and follow an approved programme of study.
- A candidate enrolled in this postgraduate certificate must pass 60 points from the papers, excluding internship or project papers, as prescribed in the Computer Science entry in the University of Waikato Catalogue of Papers.
- If a candidate fails a paper or papers (worth not more than 30 points in total), he or she may repeat the paper or papers or take an alternative paper or papers with the same total points value on one occasion only. A candidate who fails a paper or papers worth more 30 points in total will not be permitted to proceed with the Certificate.
- A student admitted to this programme must complete the University of Waikato Academic Integrity Module.
- The Pro Vice-Chancellor of the Division or delegated authority may vary or waive these regulations in individual cases.
Requirements for the Postgraduate Certificate