Regulations for the Certificate in Professional Engineering Practice (Cert(PEngPrac))
- The Personal Programmes of Study Regulations apply in these regulations.
- Candidates for the Certificate must have qualified for admission to the University of Waikato and met any criteria set out in the Criteria for Admission to Particular Qualifications.
- The normal minimum period of enrolment for completion of the Certificate is three years, normally concurrent with enrolment in the Bachelor of Engineering with Honours.
- Candidates must enrol in the Division of Health, Engineering, Computing and Science and follow an approved programme of study.
- Candidates must gain 90 points at 200 level or above including 45 points above 200 level and 15 points above 300 level.
- Candidates must complete ENGEN270, ENGEN570, ENGEN272 (30 points), ENGEN372 (30 points).
- Candidates must complete, or have completed, the requirements for the Bachelor of Engineering with Honours or equivalent in order to be awarded the Certificate.
- The Pro Vice-Chancellor of the Division or delegated authority may vary or waive these regulations in individual cases.
Requirements for the Certificate