Regulations for the Diploma in Engineering Management (DipEM)
- The Personal Programmes of Study Regulations apply in these regulations.
- Candidates for the Diploma must have qualified for admission to the University of Waikato and met any criteria set out in the Criteria for Admission to Particular Qualifications.
- The normal minimum period of enrolment for completion of the Diploma is three years, concurrent with enrolment in the Bachelor of Engineering with Honours.
- Candidates must enrol in the School of Engineering, or School of Computing and Mathematical Sciences and follow an approved programme of study.
- Candidates must gain 120 points at 200 level or above, including 75 points above 200 level and 45 points above 300 level.
- Candidates must complete ENGEN270, ENGEN570, ENGEN272 (30 points), ENGEN372 (30 points), and 30 points from the list set out in the appendix to these regulations.
- The Dean or delegated authority may vary or waive these regulations in individual cases.
Requirements for the Diploma
- Communication and Collaboration in Organisations
- Leadership and Change Management
- Strategic Management and Decision Making
- Managing Innovation and Value Creation