Regulations for the Diploma in Law (DipLAW)
- The Personal Programmes of Study Regulations apply in these regulations.
- Candidates for the Diploma must have qualified for admission to the University of Waikato and met any criteria set out in the Criteria for Admission to Particular Qualifications.
- The normal minimum period of enrolment for completion of the Diploma is two years.
- Candidates must enrol in Te Piringa - Faculty of Law and follow an approved programme of study.
- Candidates must gain 150 points at 100 level or above, including 90 points at 200 level.
- Candidates must complete a specified programme as prescribed in the Law entry in the University of Waikato Catalogue of Papers, and as set out in the appendix to these regulations.
- The Dean or delegated authority may vary or waive these regulations in individual cases.
Requirements for the Diploma
- Legal Method A (15 points)
- Legal Method B (15 points)
- Legal Systems and Societies (30 points)
- Public Law (30 points)
- Contracts (30 points)
- Torts (30 points)