Regulations for the Diploma in Postgraduate Preparation - Pre-Masters (DipPP)
- The Personal Programmes of Study Regulations apply in these regulations.
- Candidates would normally have completed the majority of their tertiary education outside of New Zealand.
- Candidates for the Diploma in Postgraduate Preparation – Pre-Masters must have qualified for admission to the University of Waikato and met any criteria set out in the Criteria for Admission to Particular Qualifications.
- Candidates for the Diploma in Postgraduate Preparation – Pre-Masters must have achieved:
- a qualification considered by the Academic Board to be equivalent of level 6 on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework, and
- the equivalent of two years full time successful tertiary study, and
- an IELTS score of 6.0 (with no less than 5.5 in any band) or equivalent.
- The normal minimum period of enrolment for completion of the Diploma in Postgraduate Preparation - Pre-Masters is two trimesters.
- Candidates must enrol in the University of Waikato College and follow an approved programme of study.
- Candidates must gain 120 points at 100 level or above, including 75 points at 300 level or above, as prescribed in the relevant entry in the University of Waikato Catalogue of Papers.
- In exceptional circumstances the Head of the University of Waikato College may vary or waive these regulations in individual cases.
Requirements for the Diploma