Regulations for the Postgraduate Diploma in the Practice of Psychology (PGDipPracPsych)
- The Personal Programmes of Study Regulations apply in these regulations.
- Candidates for the Postgraduate Diploma must have
- qualified for the award of the degree of Master of Applied Psychology from the University of Waikato or for a qualification considered by the Academic Board to be equivalent, and either
- specialised in the master's degree in the area of study of the proposed endorsement for the Postgraduate Diploma, or
- satisfied the Chairperson of Psychology that they have undertaken sufficient graduate taught and research papers to undertake the proposed endorsement.
- Candidates must be in ongoing employment (paid or unpaid) in an organisation which provides them with the opportunity to practice significantly in the area of study of the proposed endorsement for the Postgraduate Diploma.
- Candidates must be accepted by the Chairperson of the Psychology Department. Admission to the programme will depend in each individual case on
- the papers passed by the candidate for the master's degree and their relevance as qualifying papers, and
- evidence of the suitability of the candidate’s current and ongoing employment, and
- the availability of suitable supervision.
- The normal minimum period of enrolment for completion of the Postgraduate Diploma is one year.
- Candidates must enrol in the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences and follow an approved programme of study.
- In order to complete the requirements of the Postgraduate Diploma, candidates must
- gain 120 points in papers at 500 level, including any compulsory papers, as prescribed in the Psychology entry in the University of Waikato Calendar, and
- prior to completion of the qualification, produce evidence to the Chairperson of Psychology of having undertaken appropriate full-time practical work for a period equivalent to one year.
- The Postgraduate Diploma will be awarded with one of the following endorsements:
- Applied Behaviour Analysis (PGDipPracPsych(ABA))1
- Community Psychology (PGDipPracPsych(Comm))
- Organisational Psychology (PGDipPracPsych(OrgPsych)
Requirements for the Postgraduate Diploma
- There will be no new enrolments into this Postgraduate Diploma subject in 2021.