Regulations for the Degree of Master of Applied Finance (MAppFin)
- The Personal Programmes of Study Regulations apply in these regulations.
- Candidates for the Degree must have
- qualified for the award of a bachelors degree of the University of Waikato with at least a B grade average across the 300 level papers, or for a qualification considered by the Academic Board to be equivalent, or
- qualified for the award of the Diploma in Postgraduate Preparation – Pre-Masters of the University of Waikato, and
- satisfied the prerequisites for graduate study in the subject being presented for the Degree at levels considered appropriate by the Academic Board, normally, quantitative analysis subjects through to 200 level, or equivalent.
- In exceptional circumstances, based on academic merit and relevant experience, candidates who do not meet the requirements of section 2 of these regulations may be considered for admission subject to the completion of any qualifying papers the Academic Board may prescribe which must be completed either prior to or concurrently.
- The normal minimum period of enrolment for completion of the Degree is 18 months.
- Candidates must enrol in the Waikato Management School and follow an approved programme of study.
- Candidates must gain 180 points at 500 level or above.
- Candidates must complete the compulsory papers prescribed in the Finance subject entry in the University of Waikato Catalogue of Papers.
- The Degree may be awarded with Honours or Distinction.
- The Dean or delegated authority may vary or waive these regulations in individual cases.
Requirements for the Degree
Award of Honours