Regulations for the Degree of Master of Business and Management (MBM)
- The Personal Programmes of Study Regulations apply in these regulations.
- Candidates for the Degree must have
- qualified for the award of a bachelors degree of the University of Waikato with at least a B- grade average across the 300 level papers, or for a qualification considered by the Academic Board to be equivalent, or
- qualified for the award of the Diploma in Postgraduate Preparation - Pre-Masters of the University of Waikato, and
- be accepted by the Pro Vice-Chancellor of the Division of Management, who will consult with the Director of the MBM Programme as appropriate, and
- be subject to the completion of any qualifying papers or additional work as may be required by the Academic Board, either prior to admission or concurrently.
- Candidates admitted under section 2(a) of these regulations must gain 180 points at 500 level as prescribed for the MBM programme in the Executive Education entry in the University of Waikato Catalogue of Papers.
- Candidates must complete any Assurance of Learning requirements as prescribed by the Waikato Management School.
- If a candidate fails a paper, they may be required to undertake additional assessment to improve the grade to a pass on one occasion only. A candidate who fails more than once will not be permitted to proceed with the Degree.
- The Degree may be awarded with Distinction.
- Except with the approval of the Academic Board, the award will be calculated on the basis of the grades of the papers passed by the candidate on the first attempt while enrolled for the Degree, including any failed paper.
- The Pro Vice-Chancellor of the Division or delegated authority may vary or waive these regulations in individual cases.
Requirements for the Degree
Award of Honours
1. Prospective candidates should consult the Director of the MBM well before the commencement of the Degree programme to ensure that they have fulfilled the requirements for admission. The Director will set deadlines and entry test requirements as required.