China-New Zealand Tourism Research Unit
The objectives of the Research Unit;
- To aid closer contacts between New Zealand and Chinese researchers and industry by:
- co-operating in joint research projects
- Supporting post graduate students in both China and New Zealand to undertake research and further their careers
- Support exchange programs of staff and students
- To aid industry by publicising research findings and making these publicly available through web pages where possible subject to issues of commercial confidentiality.
- To undertake research that meets the need of the tourism industries of both countries.
- To work with industry and other stakeholders such as the New Zealand-China Friendship Associations to further the interests of the members of the Research Centre in research and association in ways that benefit both China and New Zealand and the development of tourism in a sustainable and ethical manner.