National Centre of Literacy and Numeracy for Adults
The Centre, established in 2009 through a contract with the Tertiary Education Commission and hosted by the University of Waikato, focuses on literacy and numeracy for adults as a large-scale issue of national strategic importance. We facilitate collaborations with key stakeholders both nationally and internationally. We have an enduring commitment to our vision of enhancing the lives of New Zealanders through improved literacy and numeracy outcomes for adults.
Our strategic goals are to provide and support:
- High quality professional learning opportunities to develop the capacity of organisations, educators and managers
- Internationally referenced and locally relevant qualifications
- A relevant research programme
- Policy advice to agencies nationally and internationally
- High quality learning resources
- Strong partnerships
We promote an embedded approach to literacy and numeracy which equips educators to identify literacy and numeracy needs and demands and support adult learning in a range of contexts. We provide professional learning opportunities in the form of workshops, modules, symposia and a tailored advisory service for organisations, educators and managers. Our work supports existing and developing activity across New Zealand.
For more information, visit the website: www.literacyandnumeracyforadults.com.