Transport Research Group (TRG)
Transport affects many aspects of everyday life. In the multi-disciplinary Transport Research Group at the University of Waikato, we are interested in:
- how transport fosters a strong and sustainable economy;
- how transport can be maintained in a way that supports healthy environments;
- how drivers might respond to changes in vehicle technology; and
- how research findings might inform decision-making in government and industry.
We explore a wide range of different questions in our studies, such as:
- What are public perceptions of connected and autonomous vehicle technologies?
- What policy issues are barriers to more widespread uptake of electric vehicles?
- What are the differences between the ways engineers and the road-using public understand risk?
- How does infrastructure investment in ports contribute to economic development and welfare?
- How can in-vehicle cyber-security help people to access more of their own information about their mobility?
For more information, visit the website: https://sites.google.com/a/waikato.ac.nz/trg/.